BLACK BAR MITZVAH SUCKS
Ricky Rozay’s latest mixtape dropped this morning (Download it here) and as per usual, it broke some kind of free mixtape server somewhere on the internet. But, is that really something to boast about when you’re one of the most popular rappers on the planet and you’re giving away something for free? That’s kind of a given, right?
Anyways, I was really looking forward to it, mainly because of the amazing cover which featured Rozay’s face in the Star of David, but the 18 track mixtape was a huge letdown. Here’s why:
1. It’s boring, even Rick Ross sounds bored. I’m bored, you’re bored, we’re all bored – it’s a boring mixtape. You could argue that Ross always raps about the same thing and that you were getting bored anyway, but I’m a creature of habit and Ross’ brand of ignorance is entertaining.
2. Did Ross really want to be on that Good Summer album? Most of the verses and beats are lifted straight from it. But, all the songs sound about a million times worse than the originals. His version of Wayne’s No Worries is alright, though.
3. The best thing about the whole thing is when 2 Chainz pops up on 911 and says ‘a lot of chickens in the coup, cockle doodle doo’. It’s kind of depressing that a line like that is one of the most memorable. Hip Hop ain’t dead, it’s just really dumb now.
4. Its basically an ad for Meek’s album and the MMG tour, which both get a lot of shout outs. Self promotion is cool, but the space on my hard drive is precious, Ricky. Don’t trick me into clogging it up with this bullshit.
5. It’s a Black Bar Mizvah, but where are all the black jews?! An ok-ish Drake feature, that’s the best you could come up with? That cover was inspired, but the African-American jew-based buck really did stop there.
Author: pretty real